RCU Forums - View Single Post - What comes after a Trainer?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2002, 11:27 PM
bugsiegel
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after the trainer get the quicky 500

since i learned to fly three years ago I have bought and sold 10+ planes looking for one that I really enjoy. I have gotten into funfly planes and really like them but I don't know If I could recomend one right after a trainer because a funfly ( hard core .32 size funfly) plane is designed for competition and may not be enjoyable to someone just looking to blast around.
Just a few months ago I purchased a used q500 for 75.00 bucks with and engine. I had to mound some radio gear and that was it. once it's off the ground it flies just like a trainer except alot faster. it is the smoothest plane I have ever flown. I can't tell you how many planes I over powered trying to make fast. This little thing is so fast with a small 40 K&B. The wing bolts on and off so it's easy to transport. it satisfys my need for speed. and it flies easy. I fly it till it's out of gass and then coast it in. I had to get used to the landings a few times because it would come in faster than expected but now it comes right in. I'm sure everyone will tell you not to consider a pllane like this for a second plane but how many of them own one......
If there is a guy at the field with one and you are friendly with him, ask him for a few laps and you'll see. You don't have to fly it a full throttle to enjoy it. If you look at my line below you will find a photo of the plane I'm talking about.