RCU Forums - View Single Post - glow igniter?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 05:47 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: glow igniter?

ORIGINAL: Shabbernigdo

ORIGINAL: ImpalaPolicePack

sub c is 1.6 charged, and holds a charge longer that alkaline from what i have experienced.

i only have/use 2 dynamite metered glow igniter.

if that was the case a standard 6 cell nimh pack yould be 9.6v instead of 7.2v
Not necessarily. My glow driver charger charges at 1.25v and 170mAh. I dont know what the voltage of the cell is after a full charge since I dont have a ohm/volt meter. I do have several MaxAmps 1600mAh 6v Rx packs, and I charge these using a standard Rx pack charger (Ofna) that charges at 6v 200mAh. I run my Rx pack down to about 4.3-4.5v before charging. When fully charged, My transmitter reads 6.6-6.8v from the Rx pack.

They are 1.2v cells, but when fully charged they will have a surface charge which burns off shortly after starting the model and using it. Usually, I get about 2hrs of run-time at 6.4v once the surface charge wears off.

The only disposable batteries I've found to work as well as NiMH cells are the Energizer Lithium but they dont come in C or D cell size, and they're freakin' expensive.

I know this isnt totally on the subject, but its important to know what the charge rate is and figure out exactly how long the battery needs to charge to reach peak capacity. Overcharging isnt good for the cells, nor is charging them fast. They last longer when charged slowly.

Off the subject even more; Car batteries are 2.1v per cell. When at normal operation, will read 12.6v. When charged to full capacity, the surface charge will show 13.1-13.5v. The faster the charge rate, the faster the surface charge burns off and consequently the faster the battery will discharge.

This is just stuff I've experienced. Take it with a grain of salt, if you will.