RCU Forums - View Single Post - New from Futaba, who will be the first?
Old 10-09-2011, 04:29 PM
mikehannah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New from Futaba, who will be the first?

Hi
I have a 14MZ and I love it, I maybe dont use it to its limit but i doubt if anyone truely does. The reason i like it is because I can do so much with it and programming it is very simple. For me, two things stick out about the 18MZ. Firstly that Futaba are trumpeting the Telemetry aspect but several manufacturers are already selling telemetry systems for considerably less and what is the point when you can't look at the screen. I think Futaba are playing catch up here and they need to bring the technology out across the whole range.
Secondly still No Model Match type system?? I know some people will say you should religiously check you are on the correct model memory but sorry it I bet everyone who flies multiple model aeroplanes off the same Tx has had at least one near miss. I know that Spektrum has the patent but they patented a system not the idea and there are several way i can think of doing it. They couldnt have patented them all surely.

I think given the new players coming into the market the 18MZ will not have a big market share and the majority of them will go to sponsored pilots.

Just my two pence worth.