RCU Forums - View Single Post - HobbyKing Tuff Trainer
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 08:19 PM
jazz46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HobbyKing Tuff Trainer

Like mine, it wants to yaw to the right on takeoff. I hooked my alirons to the 6ch orange receiver. I installed some flat carbon fiber across where the wings are glued together. and at the rear of the wings where the rubber bands come across I removed those plastic pieces and put in a thin piece of ply wood. One of the vets and our field maidened it and found it very hard to control. I tried to fly it last week and broke the entire nose of it. Got it glued back together for another try.

A week later I flew it again and the elevator would lock up puting me in a nose dive. I successfully got it on the round again. As Chuck mentioned the rods for the rudder and elevators are tooo tight, I lubbed and worked them which made it a little better but the servos seemed to be always struggling. I replaced both of these servo with HXT900, from Hobbyking, and now the rudder and elevator works great. Maybe I'll get a chance to try it again tomorrow. I do not recommend this plane for beginners, as I am, it's twitchy and poorly built. I built I delta out of blue core that's much easier to fly - it flyes fast or slow and handles wind pretty good too.

Brad