View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Looking for Corsair tail wheel build

ORIGINAL: Brad-C
Hi,

I know this thread dates back a few years and has been idle for a little while but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted information on this tail wheel design. Very impressive and scale looking, and the fabrication method is very creative. I would never have come up with this on my own so this thread has been extremely helpful.

I'm planning on doing the new ARF version of the TF 60 Corsair when it comes out and one of the upgrades is going to be this tail wheel. I'm fortunate enough to have a 3D printer at work so I've modified the design a bit and have built the first one to play around with. I'll have to modify this a bit to fit the plane I'm sure but this first one is based on the latest version from this post. Works great so far and I'm pretty confident it will be strong enough. This plastic has very similar properties to ABS and I've reinforced it in a few places with cf rod inside. When I finalize the design I'll CNC the linkage arms out of FR4 for strength but for now the printed material works ok. I'll be painting it too of course. Here's a few pics of it.
Beautiful work Brad. Be sure to let us know how it holds up in actual operation. Aren't 3d printers great?!!!!