RCU Forums - View Single Post - ASM P-61 kit Build
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 02:07 AM
warbirdfanatic
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ASM P-61 kit Build

Hi Guys,

First post! I've just bought an ASM P61 secondhand off a chap in the UK, as I've always been a Turbine flyer, This is my first twin so i'm looking forward to getting it in the air! I bought it just as the complete Fuse with no retracts etc, However, I will be installing retracts but not the poorly designed Air versions, I've sourced a trike set of mechanicals which should fit nicely, The guy also lost the Actuators but luckily i've gotten around that problem by fitting a 4 inch length of thin gauge wire between each door so when the retract leg pops inwards, it pulls the door in tighty with it! When the doors open, they're on a spring with a small neodymium magnet to keep them open and not flap about in windy conditions (Got to be scale you know!)
I'm going to be using it for FPV too as the cockpit will allow my sony HDD HD videocamera to fit comfortably in there!Plus there will be several mini camera's mounted all over inc one in the turret so I can compile some lovely views whilst in flight

Just wondering if there's any other folks out there with one still airborn?

I've also removed that awful MoonHappy lady on the side, did a google image search for ''Burlesque female drawing' and sourced lots of pin up girls to be painted on the side of the fuse