RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL TRAXXAS RALLY VXL THREAD!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 08:49 AM
kaycerc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL TRAXXAS RALLY VXL THREAD!!!!!

ORIGINAL: MD6

if you check RC Tech,Hobby Talk, or here you won't find a lot of rally's for sale. It was a very popular class at the local parking lot races, sometimes out numbering the SC trucks. For me the the thing that made the biggest change was the Hot Racing sway bar set. It allowed me drive the car more like a touring car. The Hot Racing sway bar set is too expensive for what it is, but it works. My biggest problem with my rally is leaking shocks.
Compared to other comperably sized mini's, I don't think they sold as many. It might be doing well amongst the on-roaders, in some areas, but I've also seen classes tried many other places that died almost as fast as the craze hit."SC parking lot races"??? Yeah, I don't see that being very popular either.
As far as your "leaking shocks" complaint - sure the stock plastic POS ones leak, all plastic shocks leak compared to alloy models. Then again all shocks leak and need to be refilled/maintained, but there are quite a few aftermarket options that leak less than the stockers.