RCU Forums - View Single Post - K&B Sportster .65 (target drone engine)
Old 10-15-2011, 03:15 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: K&B Sportster .65 (target drone engine)

ORIGINAL: flyingagin

funny got water wings[img][/img]
I can understand takeing that long to get your boat back. I have made 3 airboats. 2 for a St.40 and last one for a ST .90. that thing moved.
You could also use another brand carb. Finnding one that fits might give you fits. But I have done that on a buch of engines. I now have a little lathe so retrofitting will be easier.
So far, the only aftermarket carb I've found that will fit is a Perry and it costs more than a K&B RNV carb does. Last I checked, Mecoa had parts for the non-RNV engines but I dont trust their site. I've tried finding anyone on RCU that has a non "91" carb from a .65 that they would sell me but nobody will give them up.

They have an odd size for the carb base. I figured my ST S90K carb would be a perfect fit but the S90K carb's base is smaller than the K&B carb on the sportster. I tried locating my old thread on my K&B with pictures of the spraybar but I think its so old its been archived. I'll have to look again.

Old thread I started awhile back. Bottom of page two are 3 pictures of the spraybar and barrel. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10068565

Either on page 2 or page 3 is a picture of a mix disk from a RNV engine (I think) that has a different orifice locations.. Take a look see if you want. The pictures are big, FYI.