RCU Forums - View Single Post - Asphalt Runway yes/no
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 07:28 PM
cje0114
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Asphalt Runway yes/no

My apologies ....I was directed to this thread under the assumption that you were the person that started this whole runway mess in the first place.

After a little investigation, it is obvious that you aren't the person in question here and again I apologize ...

Chris

ORIGINAL: init4fun

ORIGINAL: cje0114

ORIGINAL: init4fun

ORIGINAL: gquiring

What was not mentioned is this field is somewhat small and surrounded by trees. The runway would ruin it for sailplanes/DLG's and EDF's that don't have landing gears. We have many pilots flying these types of aircraft at the field including helicopters. We have many foamy belly lander planes also. We were not 100% against a runway, but we did not want it in the middle of the field as it was planned. We would have been open to something closer to the flight line and not taking up the entire landing area. We need to accommodate the folks that can't land on pavement. Also my personal belief is a runway would damage more planes than it would help.

The main problem was the individual that did all this was a newbie, he did not discuss his layout with anyone in the clubs! In many cases these newbies buy these underpowered trainers and if they would just put larger wheels on them the problem would be solved. In this particular case this individual flies by himself (another issue since he's not signed off as a pilot to fly alone). Projects like this must be discussed in advance with all clubs to find a happy medium, in this case there was no discussion.

I WAS going to attempt to provide constructive input , such as maybe positioning the proposed runway in such a manner as to still allow grass landings , , , , BUT , , After reading your quoted response , , It sounds like your club has far larger issues than the discussion of some new runway , so all I'll say is good luck to ya .................

Oh really now? You were going to help with positioning of the runway? And when exactly were you going to do that, after it was put in? The field was already marked out for a POS 30' wide by about 200' slab of asphalt right smack in the middle of the field. Nobody want that at the field but you felt the need to go out on your own and do whatever you please since you have some ''Pull'' in the county.....whatever, thats good for you, but how about consulting people that fly at the field? I'm not saying the people in your club either because they barely fly there....they all fly at that BS field in east brunswick.

Before you go out and decide upon yourself to change things in Edison, how about you introduce yourself to some people that actually fly there and have been for years? I've asked around and nobody even knows who you are including myself.

So long story short...take your runway idea and blow it out your *****. it's not our fault you can't get your underpowered planes off the ground. I know of foamies that can take off from the grass with no problem.

Good day to you sir.
Wow , Really , , , , , you couldnt have missed the meaning of my post any more had i written it in flippin CHINESE !!!!!!!

First , Get off your high and mighty perch there , dude , the runway idea aint mine , and I NEVER SAID I THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA !!!!!!!

I said I may consider offering a helpfull suggestion , EXECPT that I didnt like the poster's tone with regards to newbies ( ie , ''far larger issues than than just a runway'' ) , and so no suggestions were forthcoming . All your talk of ''pull'' and so forth may better well serve you when your addressing the actual folks with the idea !!!!!!!

Are we now clear ?