RCU Forums - View Single Post - What IBEC to buy?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 02:50 PM
aussiesteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What IBEC to buy?

My name is Steve and I have ben stung by Wasps also - many times over the years. (Was even a member of an RC club called WASPS once).

The only reason to buy an IBEC is to save a little weight or a little space and those points really are only valid on the much smaller planes we are now seeing fitted with gassers (15cc, 17cc, 20cc - even a 9cc and a 7.5cc are out there). Significantly more weight and space can be saved and significantly less complex systems can be used by going to Gas / Glow or even (horror of all horrors) straight Glow. By doing so, the plane is less likely to disintegrate in mid-air and kill thousands of people than would happen with a poor EI install and not having the latest radio system.

Having said that - on the planes of mine that have IBECs fitted - to save one battery and due to a lack of space in the fuselages (Those planes are a "26cc" bird and a couple of gasser powered profiles). I would not consider anything other than the Ultra RC, The Wike or the latest versions of the Thor. All work mighty fine for me.

Of course - it all depends on which oil should also be run, where the factory should set the needles and what radio brand is the best to use.