Old 10-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Oberst
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dealer ethics

ORIGINAL: vallawyer

ORIGINAL: Oberst

ORIGINAL: Ramstein44

One of the worst kit cutters/ designers I've personally ever delt with was with a company called innovative model products, aka IMP. I built one of their models which I purchased second hand and crashed it on maiden after two years of building. I bought another full wood kit from them paying about $800 for the kit. The quality of the wood was nice and the build was fast but the cowl was made of glass and plaster and was still wet when I got it. The design of the fuse in places had to be re-engineered to fit their plans/design. The cowl weighed as much as my labs doggy bowl and was very weak. I made several complaints to the company and I literally was cussed out, threatened to the point of me almost making a road trip out of it! I have a build on it on rcscailbuilders.. I've often heard that when it comes to kits the quality of a company product is based on the quanity of their product you see.. I've seen very few of their products.

If you talk bad about them.. Be prepared literally for a fight! And they'll never do business with you or anyone around you ( like you'd want to) don't get on their bad side as thy have a grudge that never seems to go away. A lot of the pro builders here refuse to do business with them.

Yes it's often like that at some RC forums. If you write that you had a problem with a company so everyone has a heads up, there will always be someone to try to take what you wrote and take it apart to try to insult or embarrass. The moderaters in here even locked my forum because they didn't like what I wrote about Glenn Torrance and my bad dealings with him.

Glenn Torance himself came into my thread and admitted he was at fault, but still there were people who were not happy that I wrote about what happened. They acted like he was some kind of deity.

All I want to know as a consumer of RC aircraft, is to know who screws who or what happens by whom in these threads. To me I work hard for every dollar I earn and in this tough economy I don't want my money messed with by dishonest hobby sites.

I like ESM and KMP Warbirds, I have my eye on the Fw-190 and 109 right now. Hey tuskegee, your Stuka is craving a painted nose cone!

Pete
The moderation here varies like the wind blows, some people you can talk bad about all you want, others you can't say a thing, some people you can post all day about that company, others, they will remove your post. I cannot figure it out, but it is sure not straight. One moderator PMed me a hate mail about a certain company, and that same moderator removed many posts about that company. It's not right.

I agree and I've noticed that as well. Only one moderator I personally have issues with, but the others I think are fantastic and wouldn't mind meeting them in person. If you have a problem with one, it isn't wise to have other moderators take sides of an issue because it's part of the golden rule that they all stick together. RCU and RCG would fall apart if the moderators didn't stick together. It's kind of like having a boss we don't like at work, we still know what needs to be done and still get the job done. I don't have to personally agree to what the boss does or says, and can still go on without having it affect my job preformance.

Usually if a moderater has a problem with another moderator- it goes up the ladder and out of our earshot of the forum public and we never hear about it. I know it was like that when my wife was moderator at the Sim-outhouse many, many years ago, but again that's a different forum, different website, possibly different rules that they go by.

The best moderators I've delt with in the past PM'ed me to warn that my post or comment was going to be removed if I didn't reword or change it. RCG does that, but again that's a different website forum. We have to give the moderators a break though, they have a hard job to do on top of living their own lives. Many of them have to travel all over the United States to do reviews then write about them so the general public gets an idea of what the new product is like. We have to make the decision if the product is worth buying in the end. RCU moderators do a lot more than just monitor our posts. All I know is I wouldn't want the job.

I know for me if I'm interested in a product, I'm friends with a couple of moderators here who will gladly give me their personal opinion about a product in a PM or email just like they do to you. Thank God we have places like RCU to hang out, I've learned so much through the years and I'm still learning new things. This is a great place to hang out when I'm not in the middle of the flying season or in between builds.

Pete