RCU Forums - View Single Post - Raptor G2 Main Rotor not spinning fast enough
Old 10-17-2011, 06:40 PM
BerserkerPrime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor G2 Main Rotor not spinning fast enough

Hi. Ijust got a used Raptor G2 SE(Well I assume it's the SE because it has the lithium-ion battery pack). I'm somewhat experienced with small electrics (Ihave a hirobo llama that I like to scare the cats with), but realistically I'm a beginner.

Here's the trouble:

I tried to fly it, but the Main Rotor doesn't spin fast enough (ie: not in synch with the throttle input). The tail rotor spins in synch with the main gear, so the motor seems to be working correctly. I checked the gears and they are't broken or stripped. Idisconnected the battery and rotated the main rotor and the tail rotor moved slightly but didn't spin the way it should. I'm assuming mechanical issues somewhere but I don't know enough to diagnose what it is. From the appearance of the helicopter, it's been flown a few times and lightly crashed (grass stains on tail rotor, crack in fairing@ rubber grommet).

So is this major or minor and/or how can Itell more? I haven't attempted to disassemble it yet because I figured I'd ask for more experienced help before getting in over my head...

Thanks in advance for any input.