RCU Forums - View Single Post - should i get a sig somethin' extra?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 01:27 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: should i get a sig somethin' extra?

OK cool Logan. The Super tiger could be a reasonable engine. Do keep in mind and do not hesitate about asking the seller LHS or private seller about things like the engines.

Just because the airplane was only flown three times and is obviously fairly new means nothing about what engines may be used just like the electronics, in fact I would say the new airplanes that receive old engines far outnumber those that also get new engines.

Another point to remember in used airplane shopping is the fact that just because an airplane has 'only been flown three times' is not neccessarily a plus. It frequently may indicate that the airplane may have been over the original builders flying skill, or the airplane may have been poorly setup and balanced for example.

Its not unusual for example that the best flying examples sometimes are often flown airplane consided beaters by the original owners. Thats a good thing.

If you get the airplane seek out a mentor to help you with the all important setup - Never ever depend on the setup of a used airplane.

John