RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/24 sumo truggy
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 05:11 PM
bigjoe623

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/24 sumo truggy

I have just purchased a sumo truggy and it had a broken steering knuckle out of the box. I ran it once on carpet noticed it was pulling to one side. Tried adjusting trim with no luck. Found the bottom pin in the steering knuckle was broken. I contacted redcat warranty and they wanted pictures to see the broken part and verify it had not been run. Sent pics of truggy and steering knuckle. Warranty was denied because they said it had obviously ran more than i said. The way they could tell was the dirty driveshafts. I blew up the picture and it appears that i have picked up ONE strand of my wifes hair off of the carpet. Any body else have any issues with broken steering knuckles on the sumo? I really dont want to pay $8.00 for the part plus $10.00 shipping for a problem that is just going continue. If it breaks in the box hows it going to hold up to actual use and is the rest of it any better quality than the steering knuckle. It really is a shame having to pay that for something you did'nt break. Thank You Redcat.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15927.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	1676264   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42251.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1676265