RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fine Design charged my credit card $865.00 without my authorization on 10/13/11 True Story
Old 10-18-2011, 06:36 PM
Den
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fine Design charged my credit card $865.00 without my authorization on 10/13/11 True Story

On September 15 @ 1:58pm I ordered a large 4 pole brushless motor and prop from "Fine Design" and talked to Chris. I gave my credit card number and purchased motor and prop for $173.80. They are in New York and I in Chicago. So on 9/23/11 I still had not received my items so I call them up at 4:42pm. Chris tells me that "his shipper was sick and my items just went out". So my order sat for almost 7 days!! Now I wait and call back on 9/30/11 and Chris says "he will get me a tracking number and call me back." He does not call back! I call on 10/03/11 @ 1:34pm Chris says he is having lunch right now and also looking for the tracking information as we speak said he would call me back. He did not call me back again! So I call on 10/04/11 @ 10:24am Chris says that he can not find any information about my order and he will have to refund my money. I asked him today and he said "today". So I get home in the evening and at about 11pm I check my credit card status and there was no credit refund to my account. Once again Chris said he was going to do something and he did not. I don't know about everybody else t I am patient but I do not like to be peed on and told it's raining. I can watch the news for that. On 10/05/11 I call my credit card company and ask if there was a refund posted to my account and they said no. So what would anybody do? I filed a dispute with my credit card company against "Fine Design". On 10/13/11 @9:48am I get a call from Chris angry that I filed a dispute and he has a card corespondence from the credit card company. He said he refunded my money on Oct. 8. I told him that "I did nothing malicious I checked with the card company and just like everything else you said you were going to and didn't do, you had not refunded my money back so I filed A dispute". He started yelling at me. I'm 50 and no sap is going to yell at me without consequences lets just say that. So I hollared at him "what the is wrong with you this is your fault all you do is lie". He inserts that "they had a bad batch of motors". I told him "why didn't you say that before so another lie. All you do is lie." He yelled something at me again an hung up the phone. When I finished my business for the morning I go back to my office and called Visa. I told them I had a disturbing call this morning from"Fine Design" Yelling at me and I do not want any charges from this company ever again". Visa said that "Fine Design just charged your account $865.00 to my card at 11:00am today" I had to re ask several times that what I was hearing was clear. Not only that, they told me that the money "Fine Design" refunded was $173.00 instead of the correct amount of $173.80 The $865.00 had not yet posted to my card and the only way that I cauld stop them from stealing my money was to cancel the card. The result was I had to cancel my card and File a credit card fraud report under the urging of the credit card company's credit card fraud division representative. Now I am waiting for the paper work from the credit company and then I'm calling the states attorney to proceed legaly with this. I may have cause to call the FBI because it is interstate fraud if the law descides so. I AM NOT STATING THAT ANYONE OR COMPANY HAS DONE ANYTHING ILLEGAL BUT THIS STORY IS COMPLETELY TRUE!! I am now waiting see what the law says. This is a great hobby and we do not need the few to ruin our hobby for us. We do this hobby for relaxation not lies and aggrivation. When unfair practices are employed we should expose them... Has anyone else had a similar bad experience?

Best Regards to all that enjoy this hobby and play nice
Dennis K