RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 02:48 PM
1lasportsman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF

Had the same episope at field with palne also. Plane was ready to taxi out when it went to full throttle. It appears his fail safe was at full throttle instead on idle. His response was "Oh I turned tx off to set the timer" when he checked his tx his throttle was failsafe at open throttle.
Maybe you are glitching in some way.
ORIGINAL: texaswarbird

ORIGINAL: hsukaria

I ripped out the L/G off my Escapade last weekend. It is the 3rd time it happened. The landing gear block is cracked in half because of the 2-piece landing gear puts a bending motion on the center of the mounting block. I'm going to carve out a new block and am thinking of buying a one-piece landing gear. I don't like the 2-piece L/G. All my planes pre-date the 2-piece craze or I converted over to 1-piece L/G.
Hey, I did mine this morning too, but in a traumatic way. My engine opens and closes throtlle by itself and I still wonder why it does. Anyway the plane suddenly speeds up out of control while taxiing. It veers off the field, hits the curb, break both landing gears and hit a tree. All I could do is trying to keep it from airborne and steer it clear off people. To my amazement, the plane had minor damage. Besides the broken landing gear and some tore off cover, and broken prop, it still intact.
Anyone gives me any idea why the glow engine throttle arm moves by itself. It's Magnum 40 XL engine. I used JR radio channel 18 and JR servos.