RCU Forums - View Single Post - Printing plans source
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 02:33 AM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Printing plans source

ORIGINAL: geezeraviation

Wow, I guess all Kinkos arent created equally. I walk in go to the large format printer, run what I need and when I check out the gal asks me how long it is, I pay .75 per running foot where I go, not by the square foot. Ive been using the same one for ten years so it wasnt a fluke, it's been that way for the entire time.
I've never took a disc or a flash drive in to get something printed and dont know what they would charge for that.
Doc
The Kinko's in Baton Rouge used to be the same until they got a new crew in, they ask you then they get the tape measure out to
check just in case you aren't being honest! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! On one occasion I took a set of plans in that were copy righted to make an
extra copy to work from, went to the large format copier and did them myself, when the guy measured the plans and saw that they
had a copy right on them he refused to let me pay for the plans and destroyed the copy I had just made, never went back after that.
Oh and they now charge $1 sq ft for large format printing.

Hence the reason I now use the services of Hemikiller, it might take a few more days to get the prints but I now plan well ahead when
I need something printed by him, good turn around on sets that I mail to him also.

On the copy right thing, there seems to be conflicting imformation floating around, as I have called and ask one designer for permission
to make a working copy of his plans and been told permission wasn't necessary, and on another occasion been told absolutely not, if you
wanted a working copy you should have ordered two sets.

Bill D.