RCU Forums - View Single Post - What to look for when purchasing a Flat Screen TV?
Old 10-27-2011, 08:05 AM
frets24
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What to look for when purchasing a Flat Screen TV?

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

My roommate just bought a Panasonic 42'' 1080P Plasma at Best Buy for 600 bucks. The TV kicks ass and the HD looks amazing.

I have the 46" Panasonic 1080p Plasma and have been absolutely satisfied. Great TV and great mfg support. The sales guy said plasma was the better technnology for faster action (sports, action movies ect) but not so great for gaming where LCD would be better. Seems great for games as well.

Had an ID 10T problem 6 mos out of warranty and Panasonic covered the in home service call anyway. I had somehow muted the output to my surround system and thought the AUX audio driver board had failed. Mfg was prepared to replace both the audio boards under warranty. Can't beat that!!

I definitly prefer the 1080p to the 720p and the resolution is really noticable when there is print on screen, as in the end credits of a movie. I hate when there's an actor(ess) that I can't quite place and then not being able to read the credits to figure it out.[:@]