RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bert Baker BT-13
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 12:18 PM
althepal88
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bert Baker BT-13

I just picked up a Bert Baker BT-13 from a fellow club member. This is my dream machine, a warbird without retracts. I sure am glad that this thread is going as when I first opened the box I found a lot of extra stuff that I thought belonged in this kit. This will be my first build, but I do have friends out there and this thread. Some work has been done; fuse is pretty much done. The first builder (I am number five in the line that I can figure) followed the instructions and has the dummy engine mount and the tin-can muffler already done. I am not sure what powerplant he had in mind but I have an OS BGX-1 available and an OS 160 FX available, also. I would go a gasser if need be. This will NOT be a build to go into any competition, just for me. Are you going to use separate servos in the wing, or the bellcrank method? Please keep a build thread going as it has already been very helpful.

We have a BT-13 out here at the March Air Base museum which I will go out take as many pics as I can. There is another over at the Pima Air Museum in Tucson which we are going to visit next month.