RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dealer ethics
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Dealer ethics

ORIGINAL: Ramstein44

One of the worst kit cutters/ designers I've personally ever delt with was with a company called innovative model products, aka IMP. I built one of their models which I purchased second hand and crashed it on maiden after two years of building. I bought another full wood kit from them paying about $800 for the kit. The quality of the wood was nice and the build was fast but the cowl was made of glass and plaster and was still wet when I got it. The design of the fuse in places had to be re-engineered to fit their plans/design. The cowl weighed as much as my labs doggy bowl and was very weak. I made several complaints to the company and I literally was cussed out, threatened to the point of me almost making a road trip out of it! I have a build on it on rcscailbuilders.. I've often heard that when it comes to kits the quality of a company product is based on the quanity of their product you see.. I've seen very few of their products.

If you talk bad about them.. Be prepared literally for a fight! And they'll never do business with you or anyone around you ( like you'd want to) don't get on their bad side as thy have a grudge that never seems to go away. A lot of the pro builders here refuse to do business with them.
I can confirm everything Ram has said here and in Spades!