RCU Forums - View Single Post - I'm sick of Hobbyking!
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 04:36 AM
downunderdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm sick of Hobbyking!

I've bought "JIT" (Just in Time... I guess it means they are stocked in the back warehouse and/or are assembled as a kit once ordered) items from them a couple of times over the past six months. Whenever I order anything from them, I make sure that what I'm ordering has plenty of stock.

The JIT items have caused delays in the order of about a week or two - I usually get my order within about 3 weeks if it has a JIT item, and anywhere from 1-2 weeks when it doesn't have a JIT item (provided everything else was in stock at the time I ordered). Usually about a week and a half after ordering, I'll "online chat" with them from their website and ask what the hold-up is, noting that they say "JIT items take 3-5 days extra and it's already been over 5 days", and they usually reply something like "the JIT item has left the back warehouse and is in transit to the shipping area. Your order will ship as soon as it gets to the shipping area." Usually cheerfully say "Ok, thanks, just checking. If there's anything you can do to speed it along, please do." It usually shows as being shipped at about the 2-3 week point.

Frustrating, but worth the wait considering the low prices. If I need something quick, I'll usually find it locally or order online elsewhere.