RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobby King 70mm F-86 and Banana Hobby Mig15
Old 11-04-2011, 03:34 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobby King 70mm F-86 and Banana Hobby Mig15

ORIGINAL: dionysusbacchus

ORIGINAL: srt10

Is this F86 the same jet venom had for a while and then discontinued the plane?
I've found some Leopard EDF units and looking to possibly get the 70mm 3700kv version for this F86..
and I think it has 3.55lbs of thrust and 1000watts on 4s
The same company that produces the plane makes them for everybody. The difference is that each distributor selects the options they want installed. I can tell you that there is a big difference between the Hobby King version and the Venom version, the Hobby King version is superior.

All that is needed to fly the plane pretty well is about 670watts, that is about what my HK version does and I like it a lot. On my fish scale it puts out 2lbs of thrust. I'm no expert on these things, but for me it seems to come down to the ESC's, I don't know what ESC Venom is using, but my Venom F-86's are dogs. The motors and fans are the same in both planes.

Let me know how the 1000watts version flies, but I would add an extra spar in the center section! The wings have a wing tube of some kind going the length of the wing, but they are not connected at the center section.

Do you have a link for the Leopard fans?

Im currently deployed to the Middle East for the Army and while on Deployment I ordered the HK F-86 Sky-blazers version. When I get home in Jan I will take photos and if the weather is good I will fly it and get some video. I hope it flies well. athe photos here are great and I never thought a F-86 would look so good .
Well good luck to you on your deployment! If your HK F-86 flies as good as mine you will have a blast with it. Looking forward to the pictures, here is my Venom F-86, still can't fly it because it has no power! Only 1lb of thrust on the stock set up![:'(]

Ok a couple questions for you bro..
One, what are the differences between the venom and HK versions..?
Two, why does the one in the pictures only have 1lb of thrust?