RCU Forums - View Single Post - Its been a while RCU.. Help me rebuild my truck
Old 11-06-2011, 04:27 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Its been a while RCU.. Help me rebuild my truck

Like the title says, its been some time since I've posted. Anyways I'm getting back in the game and I need your help!

The last time I ran my truck was this past august, I handed my younger cousin the controller and let him have it. Unfortunately by the time we were done- the truck had 2 broken suspension arms, broken fuel tank mounts, and the roto start adapter fell off the back plate on my Picco .28 haha. I tore the truck apart today and found that I cracked yet another engine mounting plate. Thats the 4th one I've broken on this truck (2 FLM ones and 2 HPI). I've been running FLM LCG stock length TVPs for years now, and while I've never bent the actual TVPs- the engine mounting plates have been crap. Also the chassis plate on the exhaust side has melted a bit from the header .

Anyways, I want to get rid of the FLM crap and I figure I might as well give my truck that I've had since '03, put over 18 gallons on with 4 different engines (stock was sold after 3.5 gallons, 1 was a buddy's LRP .30, one was an STS .30 I modded that exploded at 10 gallons, and my current Picco .28)- a little freshening up. Since I've been out of the game for a little while, I want your advice on what parts to buy. Also the foams on both sets of my tires have disintegrated- I'd like a good set of firm foams to replace em with, I might as well buy new wheels cause the HPI warlocks are pretty beat up- suggestions? For the engine, I guess I'll look for a new back plate.

The things I mainly want- Mid tank conversion, whatever chassis I get has to be LCG. I remember a few years ago people praised Innovative- RC out in the UK- but they're pretty expensive, maybe there are other options?

Here are pics of what everything looks like as of tonight, I made a notch in the engine plate to clear the diff outdrive cause it would rub otherwise. The crack between the notch and screw hole:

Somehow the 3 screw holes that hold the roto start adapter on have become stripped, I'll see if I can tap em before buying a new plate

Foam is dead [&:]

One of the old FLM plates:

Another pic:

In its current state...

Thanks!