RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gyro in Airplane ??
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 09:00 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gyro in Airplane ??

ORIGINAL: Oberst

ORIGINAL: agexpert

Gyros do not belong in airplanes. Learn to fly the plane....if you want to use a gyro, get a heli.

Just my opinion. (If you just want to watch a plane fly, why go to the trouble of buying one?)

+1

Gyros are a cheating device for people who don't know how to use a rudder. I've seen a few crashes as a result of the gyro because they either forgot to turn it off or on at the right time. It's better not to have it in my opinion.

Pete

To each is entitled an opinion, but to say :"using a Gyro is cheating" is wrong; I use them exclusively on the Rudder of all my Tail Dragging Warbirds; I will agree, that if you don't turn the Gyro Off once in the air it can cause a problem, but no different then dumb Thumbs or Reversing the Ailerons; crashing is bad, but equally, Planes are ruined or damaged when an unruly Tail Dragger Ground Loops into the Pilot Barriers or wipes out on rollout; however, this is eliminated with the use of a Gyro; if Gyros were so wrong then why are they allowed at Scale Events? I do know how to use the rudder and can so proficiently on all my other Planes including my 3D planes; but I'm not going to risk an expensive Scale Warbird that I have put a ton of time and money into only to lose in on Takeoff when the simple use of a Gyro would have prevented such a mishap.