RCU Forums - View Single Post - COX VENOM .049/WHAT DID I BUY?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 11:06 AM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: COX VENOM .049/WHAT DID I BUY?

Guys, thanks for the replies. As I mentioned in my opening post, I was at a local club's swap meet Saturday. A fellow was there who was getting out of glow planes and had about a dozen motors for sale, some new, with very good prices. I bought three Rossi's, an OS and this Cox Venom for $80. So I'm quiet certain there was no effort to pawn off this motor as a "clone." In fact, the price for the motor was less than $20 and I had never heard of a Cox Venom. In fact, I hardly looked at the little motor and just added it to my stack. I initially started a Google search for one of the Rossi's when I put Cox Venom in a Google search and began to understand what the little motor really was. In a close examination of the package, I can see that the plastic covered metal wire tie wrap had never been untwisted and the motor never removed from the package. Most of us when we get a new motor will at least take it out of the package and twist the crank shaft. Anyway, my only reason for putting it in the stack of motors I bought was just for nostalgic reason. Back in the fifties my brother and I used to fly Carl Golberg U-Control models with Cox .049s. I will probably make this one available at some point to a real Cox collector and buy a run-of-the-mill .049 for my use. This has been one of those interesting finds that sometimes occur at garage sales or swap meets.