RCU Forums - View Single Post - P100 BARF
Thread: P100 BARF
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default P100 BARF

I flew my BARF today for the first time since taking out my rather old (non SE) P80 and sticking a P100 in. On paper the 100 has a bit more thrust and a bit less weight but it was interesting how different it felt

I'm in the UK at the moment and the weather here is pretty ropey. I didn't fly until 4pm and adding to the drizzle and not great ceiling (local metar was 800ft OVC) - it was getting dark. The plane got off the wet grass quicker than ever, I flew a lot of very tight close in stuff both fast and very slow and the plane feels lighter and more responsive - I guess some of that is the much quicker throttle response as well. The plane gets up to high speed faster and I suspect the top end is also a fair bit higher (I could do with a better day to really check it out). At one point I pulled vertical at mid throttle, let the speed decay then opened it right up and it actually pushed on and started accelerating (later in the flight after burning some fuel).

I got on really well with the plane before the change and on paper, the difference between the 2 turbines didn't seem that big but there's a great improvement in the air - can't wait to get some more time in some better weather.