RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultrasonic Cleaner
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 07:45 AM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Ultrasonic Cleaner

Kevin,

Crock pot vs. ultra sonic cleaning? I use both, because they do two separate functions. The crock pot is chemically stripping varnish and other residues from running from engine parts. 12 to 24 hours in the pot at low temperature, pull them out and rinse in cold water get most of the gunk.

Then it is off to the ultra sonic cleaner that pulls junk from the pores of the metal. A little dish washing soap and cold water goes into the tank with the parts (cover them completely) and run until the system stops. The water in the tank will usually be gray, so often I dump the water, rinse the parts and run them again. When you end the cycle and the water is relatively clean, then the parts are as clean as you can get them.

Then all the parts are rinsed again with fresh water and tossed into the oven at 220 degrees and baked to drive off all water. This is of course only for the metal parts. Then all parts are oiled with after run oil while hot and put aside to cool before assembly.

I use this on all my racing engines and all my sport engines that will fit into the tank.