RCU Forums - View Single Post - What IBEC to buy?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 09:57 PM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What IBEC to buy?

ORIGINAL: MTK

ORIGINAL: Speedy-Gonzales

MTK,
I was wondering if Syassa was using the Tech-Aero unit. This confirms it and substantiates my own personal decision. The IBEC's are nothing new to the market but they have had time to prove themselves as a reliable product that I think will become commonplace.

Thanks for all the great info!

Please keep your comments, views, and opinions, comming.

SPEEDY
Speedy,

One more thing that wasn't so obvious in the previous discussion, nearly all guys that fly the large IMAC models in my area are using the Tech Aero Ultra IBEC. Although these make alot of sense in small gassies regarding weight savings, they make no sense for weight savings in large IMAC planes.....heck they only weigh a hair more than 1/2 ounce. BUT the IMAC'ers have realized that having a remote switch workable from the TX with a visible ON-OFF LED, is a good safety feature. I like the convenience of this feature a lot since I don't have to reach behind a turning prop after I land to turn an ignition switch off.

There is only one switch to turn on or off and only one battery to charge and maintain. That's a load off one's mind especially if one competes.

Another safety feature that is less obvious is the fact that the channel that controls the remote switching (I use the retract switch), can be set at the correct fail safe condition, OFF. SO IF one loses signal to the RX, the fail safe feature in current radios will kill power to the CDI. Less chance of hurting someone else or yourself. Also much less chance of a flyaway. Someone mentioned that the best IBEC is a battery and switch.....well....can't physically do that with an ignition battery/switch.

Excellent advice