Thread: Dinner time
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 05:20 AM
frets24
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dinner time

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

With all this talk about Sourdough bread, I was getting a bit homesick for one of my favorite deli's in San Diego.

It's called 'The Cheese Shop Deli'. Every payday when I worked downtown, me and a few of my colleagues would hit that place up for lunch.

Sourdough bread with smoked turkey, pepper jack cheese, avocado, sprouts, shredded lettuce, tomato, red onion, mayo and dijon. My favorite nine times out of ten order. Would eat that with a small bag of fritos and a coke.

So in the end....I ended up making something close to it for dinner. Had to use some nice Portuguese rolls instead of the Sourdough though.

Roasted half a turkey breast with salt, pepper, white wine and sprinkled with a liberal amount of paprika. Thinly sliced that up after it cooled and topped it with shredded pepper jack, then stuck that under the broiler until nice and bubbly. Topped with lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado and some mayo and dijon. Didn't have any sprouts.

It wasn't the same...but did the trick.

Sounds like the Rueben I had a few days ago...no corned beef in the 'fridge so I made it with ham...not bad, but not quite the ticket[&:]

As far as a 6 mo. gig becoming 20 years...interesting how our plans/expectations for our lives/careers get turned on their head sometimes...some for better, some for worse.