RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 33GT Gasoline Engine for Pattern
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 03:02 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS 33GT Gasoline Engine for Pattern

ORIGINAL: cmoulder

Matt, if it delivers sufficient torque at 6500 or 6700 rpm to keep pulling in a sustained vertical, I will be impressed.

Sorry to have abandoned the pattern gasser holy grail after one season but I am neither as persistent nor as knowledgeable as you guys having this discussion.

I can't wait to see what you're flying next spring in Jackson!

Bob, please, no apologies required or necessary......

Derivative.....DLE55 piped, on 3 blade prop. Just an outstanding combination and eerie quiet for anything, not just a gassie. Wait til you see this combo in action. Let me put it this way....right now I have 3 gallons through this combo and it has become a known. Super simple running; power to burn and unreal brakes. Better than most anything I've seen

The OS might work or might not. The fuselage of my new design is being prepped for the DLE. Derivative no 2 may take the OS.... I'll see how it goes

Once I have the plane, getting enough practice on it will be the key on how well I present next year. Doing all the R&D single handed is very time consuming; but heck that's what I do and how I derive the fun out of this