RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who makes the best F-16?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 11:20 AM
bullmrkt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who makes the best F-16?

ORIGINAL: icepilot

I have had 2 Skymaster 1:6 F-16, amazing plane, lokks good and flies great, for teh smaller size the PA is great.
I have seen the FB and FEJ F-16's and I wasn't impressed, also the SM undercarriage must be one of the best ever.

I also have a dream about the Scale Jets, but I simply don't have the space or car for it!!
I have had 2 1:8 scale F-16s' as well, the larger they are, the better they fly!
I really like the size of theSkymaster 1:6 and it seems to have a great reputation, my only problem is that it's quite costly. The items necessary for the larger airframe really start to snowball the total cost to get it in the air. Refer to the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1b1YwVlE#gid=0

The Avonds is going to be about $4k less (33%) than the Skymaster 1:6, its a nice "inbetween" size, and everyone here raves about Philip and his company. The Avonds might get even cheaper if I use something like the new Jetcat P100-RX vs the P140-RX, which seems to be borderline too much power. The 100 is super light too (2.37lbs), so Icould really shove it back in the airframe, leaving more space in the mid section for other goodies.

The major downside of the Avonds for me is the fact that it requires some construction that would be a bit of a hassle for me to pursue. Time is a bit of an issue because I have my own company. I don't have a dedicated workshop or the necessary tools etc to do a proper glassing job, and I'd rather not make that investment. I'm going to check with Avonds to see if they'd maybe be willing to make the kit a little more ARF for me, by at least getting the glassing out of the way. I have a buddy locally that has been air brushing all kinds of models for years, so painting shouldnt be a problem.