RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 33GT Gasoline Engine for Pattern
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 04:59 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS 33GT Gasoline Engine for Pattern

ORIGINAL: papaone

Hello Matt

How goes the plane in downline, is it slow as with engine 4 strokes ?
The OS is a large unknown still. Don't have enough running with it to know one way or another. The main thing I was trying for was to get some runs under it's belt and break the thing in. I've run into a situation that has been hard to assess. Sending the engine back to Tower for service. It looks like either the carb has gone south after 5 tankfuls or the reed housing has warped. Suddenly, can not get enough fuel into the engine. Disappointing! Reminds me of the old YS140L days with bad regulator

If my experience with the DLE55 and 3 blade prop is any example, it should be better than most in regard to brakes. The DLE55 with a 20x12 3 blade has it all so far: great power, terrific transition and very good brakes on downlines compared to either glow or electric. However these characteristics are not strictly the engine....the large plane has quite a bit to do with that. The wing of the extra is over 1200 square inches and the fuse is larger than the typical pattern fuse.

This powerplant is proving to be one heck of a combo. Main reason why my new pattern model will be using this combo next year.