RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS Max Plugs, Really Good
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 07:49 AM
Honker1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS Max Plugs, Really Good

Hello,

Just resurected an Old OS Max .15FP. This engine had not run in about 10 years. I installed it on an old Sig Senorita and got it running OK. Flew it a bunch lately, engine didn't seem like the old OS I was used to. It would cut out at idle on approach sometimes. Took it all apart, sealed the carb, cleaned everything, ran OK when I was done, still not great. I was at the LHS and purchased a #8 OS Max glow plug and swapped it out with whatever brand plugs I had screwed into my glow plug driver over the years and WOW!! What a difference, the engine runs stronger at full power,idles so low and reliably now I can't believe the difference. I do remember over the years everyone always said the OS plugs were the best and in this instance I definately agree. I had Tower, Fox , Thunder Tiger plugs but the OS ones seem to really make a profound difference.

I always remember with the OS engines you could land pretty hard, if you didn't hit the prop the engine just kept idling. It would not do that with the off brand plugs but now it does. Am I imagining things or has anyone else had such good fortune with these slightly more expensive plugs. Get what you pay for?

Thanks,

Pat