RCU Forums - View Single Post - Its been a while RCU.. Help me rebuild my truck
Old 11-13-2011, 04:21 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Its been a while RCU.. Help me rebuild my truck

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead
Hey man, you got that right! Cool sounds good, you still running that Axial? I dunno what I'm gonna do, right now I'm leaning towards getting a stock Savage X chassis and just fabricating a mid tank setup for that. I'm just not in the position to be machining a custom set of plates- and I can't justify spending almost $200 on a new chassis when I'm trying to save $$$ for an engine swap for my car lol.

I just really want to have this thing running when the snow hits, last year was the first time I didn't run it when we had snow and its my favorite time of year to burn nitro
I do still have the axial in the savage. Im thinking about throwing my Collari .30 in it soon though. Its a pretty good running engine, and probably about the same power as a Mach .26 or something. It has very little use on it, and the axial is getting some age on it. The axial still has lots of compression, but it seems to be a little finicky to tune compared to how it used to be. I may work on it some once i get it out of the truck. I bet it still has a few gallons left in it though. Im thinking about putting the savage X plates on my truck, to lower the COG some, but dont really wanna go xl size with it.

Is there any way you could double up 2 stock engine braces for more strength? It would take some modding, but may work out pretty well in the long run.