RCU Forums - View Single Post - Its been a while RCU.. Help me rebuild my truck
Old 11-13-2011, 07:08 PM
llkoolskillet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Its been a while RCU.. Help me rebuild my truck

I got a collari 32 in a savage i bought off ebay and the thing made gobs of power. Its no picco or LRP 30 but sure threw an XL around with no problems. I would imagine that the 30 would be just as fun.

I have heard nothing but negativity about the collari. I believe there made by Werks and it was there attempt at a high end motor. GOOD LUCK finding spare parts.

Mine 2 was second hand and i loved it. Now a guy in the UK has it and i havent heard anything bad from him about it.

Note* 7075 T6 is more brittle than 6061 T6. When I say this im talking about its malubility (ability to bend or flexability). 7075 is harder than 6061 but it breaks very easily when bent. Now from my experiance with aircraft metal. When i have to make a repair using 7075 and you have to make a slight bend or put a joggle in it. Make sure the grain is running diangle to the bend. This will allow you to bend the metal. SO, i would ask FLM to make the plate out it where as the grain runs diangle instand of fore and aft. I bring this up because everything on the savage flexes. This will make the plate stronger. That way it will allow the plate to flex without breaking.

I know I know sounds crazy but it just works. I didnt believe it until i saw a guy bend a piece of 7075 T6 in half and it didnt break!
Personnally I would go with 6061 T6 (cheaper than 7075) and ask them for at least a 3mm thick plate. Im thinkin about makin a new motor plate out of .160" that i made my TVPs from.