RCU Forums - View Single Post - Its been a while RCU.. Help me rebuild my truck
Old 11-13-2011, 07:41 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Its been a while RCU.. Help me rebuild my truck

Ha for that price you can't go wrong Eric! I thought I got a good deal when I got my Picco .28 with an Ofna 086 piple, clutch/ bell basically drop in with under 2 gallons on it for $125 shipped. You have me beat by a mile! So far, I gotta say the best value for my $$$ I've had in this hobby has been the STS .30. 10 gallons of abuse, and IMO the best powerband of any engine I've run- it would definitely run with my Picco .28, thought the .28 has it beat on low end torque for sure.

skillet-

The FLM plate is actually 3mm thick. It can't be made any larger in FLM's application cause theres almost no clearance for the diff outdrive. The whole point of me requesting it be machined out of 7075 was so they can keep their existing design while giving me a higher grade of alum. I'm too lazy to look into my handbook with material stats, but I'm not too worried about the 7075 breaking, I fully anticipate it to bend before it cracks.

I dunno why FLM continues to pump out their crappy parts like this. The design is alright, the engine plate could definitely stand to be beefed up- but I for one would gladly pay $15 more for a chassis set if it was made out of 7075.