RCU Forums - View Single Post - seamaster engine mount from plans?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 08:06 AM
lupy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: seamaster engine mount from plans?

When I converted my seamaster to electric, I decided to go with the lightest mount I could design, that would also carry some of the strength down to the thicker plywood portion of the pylon. I settled on two pieces of angle aluminum that sandwitched the pylon and provided the 4 bolt points for the motor. On my Lanier mariner, I went with a shorter bracket, as the pylon was strong enough all the way to the end. I think as long as you locktighted them, maybe glued with epoxy, the angle to wood joint would be plenty strong. The long standoffs might be too twisty for a glow motor, but they should be shorter than I used, so they might work. Esp if the plan shows the motor mounted right to the firewall. I have always been more comfortable with metal than wood, so building the transition from vertical pylon to firewall out of wood blocks seemed like un-needed work. Don't know how you want to mount a tank, my seamaster just used two dowels pointing back from the firewall, but they could be attached to the pylon just as easily.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51435.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1687755