RCU Forums - View Single Post - DS821 Servos
Thread: DS821 Servos
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 03:00 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DS821 Servos

Wow, I just had a strange series of problems.

I've had a number of DS821 servos that I never used, still brand new, they came with two radios I bought. I've been building large scale models for the past couple of years, so they didn't get used.

I was just building a Corby Starlet, and decided that the DS821s would be perfect. I installed the servos, hooked them up to the radio, found the centers, and then went about building the linkages. Once they were built, I ran the ailerons up and down. To my surprise, both splines sheared right off. I checked my throws, and I had reduced them first (learned that a long time ago), so there wasn't any reason they should have sheared. How strange.

I have DS821s on several other models, never had a single issue. I've never had a single issue with JR servos, period.

Still thinking maybe I did something wrong, I set up and hooked up my rudder. I made sure that I hooked the linkage up to only the second hole out. If anything broke, I didn't want it to be the servo this time. Set it on reduced throws, ran it back and forth, and .....there goes the spline. What in the world?

This batch is bad, no doubt in my mind. I can't take a chance on these servos. I'll have to step up to something I can be confident in. But I'm wondering if others have experienced this?

Jim