RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is a good engine for a Tower Kaos?
Old 11-20-2011, 08:16 AM
hogflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What is a good engine for a Tower Kaos?

ORIGINAL: Alex4690

Hey all,
I think i've pretty much made up my mind on upgrading from my Avistar 40 to a Tower Kaos ARF. The dillema I am having is figuring out what a good engine for it would be. I was thinking an OS 55 however I was unsure if it was going to be too much power for that plane and also for my skill level?
I fly my Tower Kaos on a Thunder Tiger .46 Pro and it's plenty of power. The OS .46 AX with a Macs muffler will be all the power you'll need (my TT .46 doesn't like a Macs muffler and has to run on 10% fuel, but I think thats due to a lot of wear). I don't think the .55 will give you anything over the .46. Several planes I've flown with the .46 that had been converted to a .55 actually performed better with the .46.

Since my Kaos is worn out (covering held on with packing tape, and one of the elevators stripped the top plastic layer off the coloring/glue along with an engine that has just plain worn out from use), when I recondition/recover it I'll put a new .46 AX/Macs muffler on that is sitting NIB since I don't see any advantage to going with a .55.

Hogflyer