RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alert: Bad Seller, do not buy from this person
Old 11-20-2011, 08:34 AM
blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alert: Bad Seller, do not buy from this person

ORIGINAL: flyboy57id

You guys are depressing me ! I was planning on trying to sell 6 engines this winter that I have no use for. I have not sold anything on RCU so I do not have any feedback. I would have to buy a new camera to take good pictures of the motors. All the engines are low time except one and now I do not know if it is worth the trouble or not. The engines that I had planned on selling was: Walker Machine 4.2 Sachs with CH ignition, Zenoah 74 with CH ignition (test run only), Zenoah G45 with CH ignition built into the mount, Zenaoh G26 with the RCexcell igntion installed, Moki 1.8 (test run only) and a Super Tigre 90 that I have a few gallons thru but is in excellent condtion. I had planned on trying to get 50% of what I paid for the engines. So, do you think it is worth my time to try to sell the engines or not?
Gordon
Flyboy,

Go ahead and list them on RCU. I have bought many items, including engines, here on RCU and have been happy with my purchases. Only once was I disappointed and it was due to overblown and misleading information. The honesty of the seller is important no matter if it is new or used. There are many online stores who I would never buy from as their business practices are questionable. Face-to-face is no guarantee either. You can be lied to no matter the distance.

In my experience sellers here on RCU are more honest than on evilbay. No matter the rating systems there will always be scum that will try and take you for a ride. Typically it is more aggravation to try and recover your money than what it is worth.

I use a few simple rules:

1. If the price appears to be too good to be true.....don't do it.
2. Never use money orders or checks. Only PP.
3. Communication by the seller. If I cannot call and speak to the seller then no deal.
4. Pictures of the actual item. If the seller is not able or willing to supply additional pictures, no deal.
5. Gut feel. If the deal smells in any way, no matter how enticing, walk away.

Bliksem