RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 33GT Gasoline Engine for Pattern
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 03:11 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS 33GT Gasoline Engine for Pattern

ORIGINAL: MTK

The OS is a large unknown still. Don't have enough running with it to know one way or another. The main thing I was trying for was to get some runs under it's belt and break the thing in. I've run into a situation that has been hard to assess. Sending the engine back to Tower for service. It looks like either the carb has gone south after 5 tankfuls or the reed housing has warped. Suddenly, can not get enough fuel into the engine. Disappointing! Reminds me of the old YS140L days with bad regulator

The OS 33 GT was sent back to Tower Hobbies, actually hobbyservices. Turns out that once the engine or any iten has been removed from original packaging, it is considered a warranty item by Tower. Hobbyservices handles warranty. I didn't know that.

Really really hope that this engine can run reliably. It is a powerhouse and all you might want to power a pattern plane. Time will tell if the engine is simply a lemon or the design is no good having been released before the bugs were worked out by OS