RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airplane rudder gyro
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 05:38 AM
nonnopaolo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airplane rudder gyro

Hi, I'm trying to setup a rudder gyro (HK401B) on my E-flite Extra 300 32e; my tx is a MPX Cockpit Sx.
I'm sorry for my not so good english...
I'm using ch 6 on the rx, that is the spoiler/flap channel.
Everything seems working well enough, excepts from some stranges behaviours, that I hope to solve with your help.
Spoiler switch has three positions:

Pos. 1 switch full down: gyro works as in rate mode; if I rotate the plane, rudder rotate in the same way as to contrast plane rotation and then return slowly to the center, even if I don't reposition the plane in the original position. Problem: if I leave the plane still, rudder servo and rudder are slightly trembling.

Pos. 2 in the middle: gyro off; If i rotate the plane, nothing happens (obviously). No problem.

Pos. 3 switch full up: gyro works as in HH mode; if I rotate the plane, rudder rotate in the same way as to contrast plane rotation, but it remains in this position until I reposition the plane in the original direction. Problem: if I operate on rudder right or left, rudder rotates, but if put the stick in center position, rudder doesn't return to the center position.

Other problems:
a) "delay" seems to have absolutely no effect.
b) "limit" is working with the range of rudder movement, but in any position (gyro off, gyro HH, gyro rate) DR function on TX doesn't work.
c) With the plane still on the ground, rate mode, if I bump the plane rudder start trembling as a kind of resonance. To stop it, I have to raise the rear wheel.

I plan to use the gyro for a straight and thoughtless taking off; I hope you can help me with my problems.
Bye!
Paolo