RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Tiporare – Thirteen Year Build
Old 11-22-2011, 05:35 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Tiporare – Thirteen Year Build

ORIGINAL: doxilia

Mike,

so if I understood correctly, your Tipo's wings and stabs are covered in white MK from center section to the tips and then the Chevron paint was applied over top the white MK? It would explain what appears to be an identical match to the fuse colors... At first I was under the impression that the wing color trim was also MK which I suspect it's not.

I'm curious because I am just considering applying some blue trim in paint over top white MK. I was wondering if you found a need to wet sand the wing tip paint and clear coat it or whether you perhaps cleared the entire wing. Ot maybe nothing is cleared. I was considering simply clearing the sun burst blue trim on the wing tops just beyond the paint edge.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

David.
Sorry David, I somehow missed your question. The wing has a painted center section and the remaining wing is MonoKote including the trim color. Originally the Monokote overlapped the edge of the paint on the center section by 1/4" but when I did the repaint I had to overlap the edge of the MonoKote about a 1/32”. Chevron paint was sold as a MonoKote color match. I like using MonoKote on wings and stabs because it is very light and the small hanger hash dings can be easily removed by injecting water and reheating.