RCU Forums - View Single Post - Large foam chuck glider- RC conversion
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Redlined

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Large foam chuck glider- RC conversion

I just found an old post about a foam chuck glider (54"). I want to build one as a very simple RC conversion, for a friend. I tried to find a new one, but I guess they do not make this model, anymore. I did find other big foam gliders, but I do not know which one would be the best, for future RC conversions. The final product would be an electric motor-glider, intended for slope soaring and flatland thermals. The Airhog's Titan looks okay, but it's kinda small, and the wings are swept back more than I want. I know this project has been done before, so any advice on which model does best, will be welcome here.

The posts I found about this conversion are old, so the sources (and even the planes) may not be valid now. The big box stores do not carry any of the big foam gliders, here.

About the best way to find a seller for anything on the Internet is to search with the UPC number code (it is written in the UPC barcode space), instead of words. If anybody has recommendations for big foam gliders, the UPC number code would be very helpful for this search.

Thanks for any help,
Red