RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS GT33 33cc gasser
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 06:01 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS GT33 33cc gasser

ORIGINAL: racerman27410

My OS Gt33 runs fantastic....

it has ldled and carburated perfectly from the first tank of fuel. You just have to remember to crack the throttle open a bit on startup or it may run backwards.

the muffler does great at actually doing what a muffler is supposed to do..... its' at least as quiet as my DLE with cannister exhaust.

i have not flown mine yet as i'm waiting for my 44.5mm standoffs to arrive so i can put the cowl on (the 5x44.5 standoffs will let the GT33 perfectly replace a DLE30 V2... same footprint, same length)

from ground testing the GT33 is going to be THE engine for 3D.... it feels directly connected to the throttle stick just like an electric motor. The throttle response is THAT good. My engine runs just as good as the engine Joe is flying in that video.

the engine also had a lot of compression even before the first run.... my DLE could easily be turned over by hand (and still can be) this OS engine just pops! using the exact same prop as i was using on my DLE (20/6 Xoar) i can tell the engine has way more power than the DLE... which is amazing to me considering the lightening fast throttle response.

price is right in line with a DLE too... i got mine for 369 from tower w/ free shipping (super saver 50 bucks off coupon) but i had to buy the OS standoffs so that added another 31 bucks.... still for the way this thing is running i am completely happy with my purchase considering the quality of the piece, the nice muffler that actually works and the proprietary ignition that will let you run up to 7.4 lipos without the need for a regulator.

I think OS nailed it on this one.

I'll be sure and post a report once i actually get to fly it.

Fellas, you can get stand offs from Mc Master Carr. I use the 3/8" hex aluminum but the 5/16" work just as well and at lower weight. The 3/8" hex comes threaded with anything from 4-40 to 1/4-20. Lengths are standard so if need custom, you will have to cut them yourself. These are much less expensive than anything stock from the engine makers