RCU Forums - View Single Post - New giant scale rudder servo
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 04:52 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts
Default RE: New giant scale rudder servo

ORIGINAL: Hooked-On-RC

personally I would rather have multiple servos in a rudder set up using an SWB tray or something similar, that way if one servo fails regardless of torque you can still have some sort of rudder control, whereas a one servo setup puts rudder control at risk due to failure or lockup and as we all know chances are it will lock up in the hard over position as compared to inline with the Vstab...Just my humble opinion is all!

When was the last time you had a legitamate servo failure? For me it's been about 27 years not to mention that most guys on their giant scale stuff tend to use top of the line of whatever manufacturer they select. I have seen issues introduced by not correctly seting up multiple servo setups but never a locked servo. The only way to avoid that is to use the SWB floating tray. What are those nowadays, like 150.00? I would put my money on a single high quality servo being more reliable then 3 servos tied into a matchbox or equalizer any day. But then again like I said, in 13 years and about 50 IMAC contests I have not seen a single servo lock up.