RCU Forums - View Single Post - Don Muddiman Flying Machine
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 01:43 PM
screamrp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don Muddiman Flying Machine

My main thing is to reach very high speeds yet only use 3-cell and 4-cell Lipos to do it. //  The Flying Machine in Electric Version with a 4-cell will out perform the Pogo with a 6-cell set up if this gives you an idea of what we have done. //  I just came back from flying today in constant 15 to 20 mph winds flying my Scream Machine REAPER Electric, the regular size and the new MINI REAPER ( one of a kind right now ) and Kevin Goza did his best to Video them both to put on RC Universe next week.  The videos should really get some attention fast and open the eyes of allot of folks out there that have no idea just how fast you can make a fully aerobatic Sport Plane go.  So many guys get hung up on just SPEED, and Pylon plane YARD DART stuff.  I want AEROBATICS and speed, I want my cake and eat it too. //  Once you see the Reaper fly, you will get the whole picture of what the Flying Machine can do also.  I'll put it this way so all Pilots can relate;  there isn't any plane out there powered with a O.S.46 with a tuned pipe and all, that I won't take on.  And the Mini Reaper smokes the regular Reaper.
  I have talked to Don several times about having an Electric Flying Machine ARF someday, and I think it will happen once they get the Fuel version on the Market. Even if it takes a while, just buy the fuel version ARF and start cutting away what's not needed.  The Flying Machine still has the BEST aerodynamics of any Sport plane out there. roger p.