RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nuance
Thread: Nuance
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 07:34 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Nuance

I installed the rudder servo in the tail, per the stock kit design. For some good information on construction of the nuance, go here and download the nuance-170.zip file http://rcone.kr/board/index.html?id=bjreference1&no=11

The rudder has a nice thick TE. It is finished and ready to hinge. I used standard CA hinges. There weren't any supplied, which is fine since I usually use my own anyway. Use a hinge slotting tool. I found that the bevel of the rudder was just a hair off (about 1/32") so the slotting tool helps to keep things centered.

The kit comes with the rudder mounting tabs as shown in the pictures on the zip file. I was skeptical about this so I assembled it outside the plane and put the zip tie strap on as shown. I found it to be very solid when assembled. So, I CA'd the mounting tabs together and then installed them with Aeropoxy. I did one side first, let it dry, then did the other side. I zapped a small piece of triangle stock in to act as a brace and alingment for the ply mounting tabs, that made it easy to get it in and align it. Once things are fully dry then I'll cut the servo horn slot and mount the servo and control horn on the rudder.

I don't have a servo arm long enough for the rudder so I have to make a trip to the LHS and get one. Our local LHS, Gyro Hobbies, has really increased their stock so I'm sure I can get a longer arm there. I was surprised that on my last trip, expecting just to get some CA and epoxy, they had everything I needed. Including BVM Aeropoxy. Nice.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18858.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	1695461   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14779.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	1695462   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ou49874.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	150.7 KB