Thread: ESM FW D-9
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 03:32 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: ESM FW D-9

I have the Craft Robo 2 [8D]

0.005" is quite thin but it's enough to make the details very visable. For the Artificial horizon I stacked 3 of the rings together to make it a bit thicker, but it's alittle more difficult that you would think! some shapes would be better than others. I think that it could cut 0.010" well enough to use, but I had to have the maximum pressure setting and had to make it do a double pass. 0.005" plastic is very easy to get from most LHS, especially those that deal with plastic models.

The trick is to get a machine with more pressure capabilities, but from what I have been looking at, they are much larger phisically and $$$$.

WD, I used the stock blades which I think are just 45 degree ones. I haven't seen too many options for the craftrobo. I didn't cut a leg on anything pretty much because most items tend to stay with the parent material quite well, and if they pop out, it's no biggy.

But will all these minus's about the thinkness of plastic used, It a fantastic tool to have for detailing!!! I can't believe how much I have used mine in the 9 or so months that I have had it. I have made the cost of the machine back well and truely just doing job for other people![8D]

I now have 12 flights on her and she hasn't missed a beat. I have some video from this weekend's flying that i'll edit and post up in the next week after by big exam tomorrow and then another 2 days after that![] who knew that Air Legislation could be so tedious

Thanks

Dave