RCU Forums - View Single Post - SD-10G Super
Thread: SD-10G Super
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 06:33 PM
AZflyguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SD-10G Super

Thanks for posting that link! Here's what I see...(besides the two-tone black and brushed chrome case)...it looks like the Super will have a knob in the VR8 position, and a toggle switch in the 25/26/27 switch position. This is not surprising given the SD-10G has these switch positions labled, but without switches (plasic plugs fill the switch holes); I think we all knew this was coming.
It looks like dimensions and ergonimics will be the same. Same Display button; 3 direct model select; 4 yes/no/f-mode/end buttons and selecter dial.
As for the two-tone finish, I would guess that what we see on the store shelves will be different; definitely looks like a prototype, and who knows how many other variations they (Sanwa) are looking at?
Of course, there's no way to know what's different "under the hood" when you're looking at a picture. Perhaps any software/firmware changes will be available as "updates" to older SD-10Gs? I personally would not see the addition of VR8 and Switch 25/26/27 as a reason to replace my SD-10G. I have plenty of unused switches on my SD-10G, and I don't really need 2 more.
For those looking to upgrade and don't already have a SD-10G, I think the Super makes the SD line even more attractive.